Ecumenical formation is a unique program of National Council of Churches in India – Youth Concerns, which offers young people an excellent opportunity to work in and experience in a setting of ecumenical praxis. The Internship Programme is only the beginning of a long process, it encourages young people to start the journey of ecumenism and become ecumenical ambassadors in the future. The internship programme mainly focuses on the ministry priority areas (Five Foci) for the 2016-2020 quadrennium: Ecumenism and Mission; Human Rights; Peace Building Migration and Trafficking.
Scope of Internship
- Learning national and global ecumenical history, heritage and practice
- Assistance to the work in NCCI General Secretariat & Commissions
- Ecumenical Sunday Worships-Visits to Different Denominations
- Weekend-Visits to Ecumenical/Social Organizations
- Strengthening Ecumenical & Church Relations with NCCI Member Constituents
- Book Reviews & Ecumenical articles writing from ecumenical perspective
- Documentation & Report Writing
- Internship will be for a period of six months starting from 7th January 2020
- Interfaith interactions and exposures
- Project work in respective region before the completion of internship
- Candidates should belong and be recommended from one of the Constituent Member Churches/ Regional Councils/ Christian Organizations or Related Agency of the NCCI.
- Should be a Graduate and be in the age group of 20-30 years.
- Should have a working knowledge of English.
- Willingness to learn Hindi and other local languages.
- Basic knowledge of computer is desirable.
- Should be committed and willing to utilize their ecumenical experience and expertise in their respective church/organization.
- Last date of submission: 20th December 2019.
- Candidates can apply with bio-data along with endorsements from their Church/ Organization to NCCI at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The applicants who are selected will be informed after a due process of selection.
- Basic living accommodation with food will be provided and a nominal monthly allowance of Rs. 5,000/-
- Internships are open for young people from other countries also, provided adequate reference is available. Internships of foreign nationals or NRI’s can also apply who are sponsored by the sending Church/Organization.
Executive Secretary –Youth Concerns
Ph. +91 84591 18640