Title: Programme Executive – Training
The Programme Executive will report to the General Coordinator, ESHA Project of the NCCI-CSA
You will be responsible for the planning, coordinating and conducting all training programs relating to Human Sexuality and Gender Identities within the Project. Engaging with experts from theological colleges, social sphere, health institutes and community based organizations within India and abroad, you will be in charge of training theological faculty, pastors, laity and youth from across the country. In addition, you will also engage within the NCCI/CSA network and the LGBTI+ Communities in India and overseas, exploring new areas of learning and research. You will play a strategic role towards strengthening the Prophetic role of NCCI in the area of human sexuality and gender identities.
Responsibilities and Duties
Based in Nagpur, you will
• Plan along with the General Coordinator all training programs
• Coordinate with Resource Persons and Delegates for their participation,
• Conduct the training programs as per requirement,
• Document report of the training programs conducted,
• Settle accounts related to training programs, such as travel expenses, stationary and other program related expenses,
• Engage with experts from Universities to formulate curriculum and courses relating to human sexuality and gender identities and work towards making the course an accredited course,
• Engage with other programs within the Project related to mainstreaming, Forum based activities, networking etc. ,
• Network with Government and Non – Government agencies, experts, church leaders, theological colleges, staff and students from within India and overseas.
• Education level : Post Graduate with an additional qualification in Theology
• Experience: At least two years’ experience in having engaged with issues relating to human sexuality and gender identities, with hands-on experience of having engaged with the LGBTI+ communities, a teaching experience in a theological college with some social work background will be ideal.
• Specific skills: Teaching, Presentation, Basic Computer skill, Good spoken and writing skills in English, knowledge of other Indian languages will be an advantage.
• Personal characteristics: Willing to travel extensively while being based in Nagpur.
Duration: Two years
Interested candidates may apply with hard copies of their Application and CV, which must reach The General Secretary, National Council of Churches in India, Christian Council Campus, Civil Lines, Nagpur, Pin: 440001, Maharashtrabefore 16th January 2020. An advance copy can be sent to: email@example.com a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Line : “Application for ESHA Program Executive”. Short listed candidates will be called for an interview.