Nagpur | July 7, 2014
The National Council of Churches in India has a fully functional and updated website at www.nccindia.in. However, having a website is no longer enough, as we need to be engaging wherever its target online users happen to be which includes facebook, blogs and other online social networking hubs. The need was felt to avail of the various functionalities of online social networking tools for the purpose of:
- Wider Networking and providing information;
- Organizational visibility and providing a common platform for dialogue and discussion;
- Information exchange including opinion gathering and improved decision-making;
- Creating more communication spaces;
- Expanding to mobile (becoming more prevalent) applications for news and networking;
- Quicker dissemination of information and quicker feedback;
- Suitability and adaptability to the quick changes in our situation;
Check out our new Android App NCCI NEWS.
How can the perpetrators be brought to trial? What is the society’s response? Where is the government’s accountability? These are only few of the unending questions that are troubling us, and as citizens of this country, we demand that there needs to be a stop to ALL such horrendous acts of violence. This is unacceptable in the eyes of any civilized society.
While churches around the world live in very different contexts and maybe separated by different doctrinal teachings, they do have one concern in common: will planet earth still be a fit place for their children to live?
- German president takes Russia to task for 'war of aggression' at global church gathering
- Pope Francis says he plans to meet Russia's Patriarch Kirill in Kazakhstan
- South African theologian to take helm of World Council of Churches in 2023
- Saddleback pastor Rick Warren names his successor ahead of his September retirement
- Act on food crisis now, urges WHO special envoy at churches-led meeting