International Human Solidarity Day celebrated on 20 December every year. The Main objectives of International Human Solidarity are:
- a day to celebrate our unity in diversity;
- a day to remind governments to respect their commitments to international agreements;
- a day to raise public awareness of the importance of solidarity;
- a day to encourage debate on the ways to promote solidarity for the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals including poverty eradication;
- a day of action to encourage new initiatives for poverty eradication.