All India Council of Christian Women (AICCW), Women’s Wing of the National Council of Churches in India (NCCI) has sent an appeal to the Respected President of Indonesia Joko Widodo to save the life of Mary Jane Fiesta Veloso.
The 30-year-old Filipina is on death row in Indonesia. This Filipino woman, convicted of alleged drug trafficking, has been transferred to a detention center on Indonesia’s Nusakambangan Island, where she awaits execution by firing squad on 28th April 2015, Tuesday.
Veleso was subject to sexual abuse and ‘almost raped’ as she says by her employer when she was working as domestic worker in Dubai and she came to Philippines. When she was looking for job again she was tricked by her neighbour/family friend and her boyfriend.
- Pope Francis affirms Catholic Church's commitment to Christian unity
- Participatory photography empowers young Syrians as peace-builders; launched by Catholic migration body
- Lutheran World Federation refugee athlete tells UN to listen to refugees
- Geneva's Protestant cathedral of St. Pierre holds celebration for 70 years of World Council of Churches
- Work for church unity includes breaking down barriers that divide humanity, says WCC director
- Real politik versus Trump’s ‘Apprentice’
- Conference urges an end to the detention of Palestinian children
- ‘You never told me’: Confronting American Jewish myths about Israel
- What’s wrong with the Anti-Semitism Awareness Act?
- Open letter from Sweden to all people of good will in Palestine, Israel and the World community