James Hal Cone (August 5, 1936 – April 28, 2018) was an American theologian, best known for his advocacy of black theology and black liberation theology. His 1969 book Black Theology and Black Power provided a new way to comprehensively define the distinctiveness of theology in the black church. Cone’s work was influential from the time of the book’s publication, and his work remains […]
Author Archive for: Caesar
About Caesar David
Executive Secretary - NCCI Communications; Website Admin.
Entries by Caesar David
April 27, 2018 To The Constituent Members National Council of Churches in India Dear Ecumenical Leaders, Please find here an Advertisement for the post of NCCI General Secretary. The Search Committee in its meeting held on 21st April 2018 in Chennai decided to advertise for the post of NCCI General Secretary in the official […]
Police are allegedly ignoring attacks on Christians committed by hard-line Hindu groups in southern India. Hyderabad Thousands of Christians took to the streets during protests across the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu on April 17 to demand government action to stop what they call increasing harassment and violence against Christians. Some 20,000 Christians from […]
The Mar Thoma Church deeply mourns the unexpected passing away of Suffragan Metropolitan Rt. Rev. Geevarghese Mar Athanasius Suffragan Metropolitan Thirumeni at P.V.S. Memorial Hospital, Ernakulam at 4:40 AM on 18-4-2018.. Thirumeni is fondly remembered for His soul stirring oration marked with Christian maturity and vast knowledge in human relations. Thirumeni who is keen in […]
ABSTRACT As an Indian Citizen and the Head of the Second Largest Church in India, with more than 4.5 Million members, most of them being dalits, Adivasis, poor farmers and fisherfolks, I hereby share the fear my people have under the rule of a Government that has become a nightmare to the poor and the […]
Ecumenical Church Loan Fund of India (ECLOF India) is happy to announce that Most Rev. Dr. P.C. Singh, President of the National Council of Churches in India (NCCI) and Moderator of the Church of North India (CNI), has been elected to serve as the President of ECLOF India. He was installed as President, on 3rd […]
Kindly download a copy of the advertisement of the NCCI calling for applications to the post of NCCI Executive Secretary – Policy Governance and Public Witness. Please encourage suitable candidates to apply for the same. Thanking you, Sincerely, Rev. Dr. Roger Gaikwad, General Secretary, NCCI Download
Christian Medical Association of India (CMAI) is celebrating the Healing Ministry Week along with the National Council of Churches in India, Catholic Health Association of India and the Commission for Healthcare Apostolate of the Catholic Bishops Conference of India. The broader partnership has enabled many more congregations to celebrate the healing ministry week.
Please click on link to see a letter from Rev. Dr Olav Fykse Tveit, General Secretary – WCC, updating you on the WCC’s 70th Anniversary and inviting you to participate actively in the celebrations. Also see the link to the list of events planned so far. Rev. Dr. Roger Gaikwad, General Secretary, NCCI. Download […]
Christians in Madhya Pradesh have recently been passing through a very difficult period. Besides the arrest and harassment of innocent Christmas Carol singing Priests and seminarians in Satna just before Christmas, fundamentalist forces had set their eyes on St. Mary’s P.G. College, Vidisha. For the past few weeks, the ABVP, the Sanathan dharma and other […]
- Students at interreligious summer school say it 'breaks down prejudices about the other'
- Pastors in US are seen as a primary voice on poverty: Barna survey
- Druze who served faithfully in Israeli army join protest against Nation-State Law
- Catholic Church teaching saying death penalty is 'inadmissible' has little initial reaction, but...
- Royal wedding's Kingdom Choir lands a record deal
- Impact of Colonization in Twentieth Century West Asia
- Sheer Hypocrisy: How America and Americans Interfered in the Election of Boris Yeltsin: a tale told in five parts. Pt. 1 – The Economists
- Water Scarcity in Uttarakhand
- Sundarbans are threatened by India’s export of coal powered energy to Bangladesh
- An Appeal for Young Volunteers to work for Samvidhan Samman Yatra
- Youth pilgrimage to connect local to global at WCC anniversary
- Students at interreligious summer school say it ‘breaks down prejudices about the other’
- Bossey summer students reflect on balancing tradition, self-identity
- Commemoration of the Decade of the Churches in Solidarity with Women to assess progress, map future
- Prayers for Korea “an expression of repentance and commitment”
- Egypt submits new reconciliation draft omits ‘lifting sanctions’
- A Prophetic vision for reconciliation amidst new Nation-State Law
- Analysis: Where is Trump’s Israeli-Palestinian peace plan?
- Israel involved in ‘slow genocide’ of Palestinians: Analyst
- Israel disappointed by Colombia’s recognition of Palestinian state