Former Moderator of Northern Evangelical Lutheran Church (NELC), Most. Rev. Shiblal Soren passed away on August 12, 2018. He had been unwell for some time. Please remember the bereaved family, his wife and son, in your prayers for God’s comfort and peace. He represented NELC on NCCI’s Executive Committee and General Body during the quadrennial […]
Author Archive for: Caesar
About Caesar David
Executive Secretary - NCCI Communications; Website Admin.
Entries by Caesar David
Brief Report Certificate Course on Gender Justice Theme: PROPHETIC ECCLESIA: CATALYST OF GENDER JUSTICE National Council of Churches in India | Women Concerns Ministry 13th-17th June 2018 | Vishranti nilayam, Bangalore |Organized in partnership with CSI Women’s Fellowship | Australian Church Women Inc. Context: Gender based violence has become a pandemic in India. It is one […]
The Church cannot be dumbfound towards the precarious issues faced by Dalits, Tribals and Adivasis as they have been ostracized from the historical accounts by the dominant historians and writers of ancient Indian history. The need of the hour therefore, in contemporary times, is to listen to the people from the margins, about their struggles […]
August 2, 2018 Warm greetings from NCCI – Dalit and Tribal/ Adivasi Concerns! National Council of Churches in India – Dalit and Tribal/Adivasi Concerns and Catholic Bishop’s Conference of India – Office for SC/BC jointly appeal to the Churches and organisations to actively participate in observing ‘Day of Mourning’ on 10th August to raise our protest […]
National Council of Churches in India – Dalit and Tribal/ Adivasi Concerns Statement of the Consultation for Church Leaders of the Southern Region on “Prophetic Role of Church Leaders in the midst of Injustices” In partnership with EMW Germany, Christian Service Agency and Church of South India | held from 24 – 26 July 2018 at CSI Centre, […]
This is the inaugural address of NCCI President, The Most. Rev. Dr. P C Singh at the National Consultation on “Embracing the Strangers and Practicing Prophetic Witness” ( A Program of CCA – Vichara | June 19, 2018 | Orthodox Seminary – Kottayam). Greetings Let me, first of all, greet you all in the name […]
National Consultation on Interfaith Engagement with Human Sexuality and Gender Diversity July 13-14, YMCA Tourist Hostel, New Delhi DECLARATION While awaiting the judgement of the Honourable Supreme Court of India on Sec 377 of IPC — we the participants of the National Consultation on Interfaith Engagement with Human Gender, Sexes and Sexuality Diversities — organised […]
Respected Ecumenical Leaders, Greetings from NCCI- Dalit and Tribal/ Adivasi Concerns! Tribal and Adivasi Sunday has been celebrated in many parts of our country in sensitizing the local congregation on Tribal and Adivasi Concerns. Thanks to the enormous support we have received from across the churches, dioceses, parishes and institutions in celebrating this special Sunday. […]
Theme: Ecumenical Pilgrimage – Walking, Praying and Working Together. June 21, 2018. His Holiness Pope Francis on the ecumenical pilgrimage to mark the 70th anniversary of the foundation of the World Council of Churches (WCC) with an address to a prayer service at the WCC Ecumenical Center. The following is the text of his homily. Dear Brothers […]
Report of Maharashtra Manthan 2018-19: Strengthening Secularism NCCI , EFI, UM | 30th April – 2nd May 2018 | M.L.A. Hostel, Nagpur. “Maharashtra Manthan : Strengthening Secularism”, a 3 days seminar organized by National Council of Churches in India (NCCI), Evangelical Fellowship of India (EFI) and United Maharashtra (UM), was held at MLA Hostel, Nagpur from April 30 […]
- Students at interreligious summer school say it 'breaks down prejudices about the other'
- Pastors in US are seen as a primary voice on poverty: Barna survey
- Druze who served faithfully in Israeli army join protest against Nation-State Law
- Catholic Church teaching saying death penalty is 'inadmissible' has little initial reaction, but...
- Royal wedding's Kingdom Choir lands a record deal
- Samir Amin: Intellectual-appropriate to the Global South
- Human Extinction by 2026? A Last Ditch Strategy to Fight for Human Survival
- America’s Militarized Economy
- Using the Burka: Boris Johnson’s Bid for Popularity
- Four Years After Pigs Murdered Mike Brown Will Electing Black Officials Stop Police Murder and Terror?
- Egypt submits new reconciliation draft omits ‘lifting sanctions’
- A Prophetic vision for reconciliation amidst new Nation-State Law
- Analysis: Where is Trump’s Israeli-Palestinian peace plan?
- Israel involved in ‘slow genocide’ of Palestinians: Analyst
- Israel disappointed by Colombia’s recognition of Palestinian state