NATIONAL COUNCIL OF CHURCHES IN INDIA
A Fresh Call for Applications to the post of
Executive Secretary, NCCI – Policy Governance and Public Witness
- A post-graduate degree or its equivalent in Political Science or Economics or Sociology or Law or any related subjects.
- Having experience in Advocacy and Campaigning on issues of contemporary concern;
- Skilful in relating with government, churches and civil society.
- Proficiency in English and Hindi language articulation (written and oral)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, social media and apps.
- The candidates should be between 40 and 55 years of age.
- The upper limit of age criterion will be relaxed in the case of any Christian high level Government officer.
- Strengthen the churches in their public witness;
- Accompany and facilitate churches to address contemporary political, economic, social, and religious issues in the country;
- Liaise between the churches and the government on important matters;
- Work with NGOs and civil society bodies on concerns of national importance;
- Collect and disseminate information and news relating to issues of democracy secularism, justice liberty, equality and fraternity;
- Draft news reports and press releases on issues of importance, and national and international significance, for and on behalf of the General Secretary;
- Maintain contact, and liaise, with representatives of media particularly at the national capital;
- Any other related work that may be assigned from time to time.
Salary: Depending on qualification and experience, the selected candidate’s salary will be appropriately fixed on the scale: 26,325-975-31200-1170-37050-1365-43875-1560-51675-1755-60450. Allowances would also be paid as per the standards and norms of the NCCI
Location: The Executive Secretary – Policy Governance and Public Witness will operate from Delhi.
Applications: Interested and eligible candidates may apply enclosing copies of relevant documents including an endorsement from the Church by 31st May 2018, to
The General Secretary
National Council of Churches in India
P.O. Box # 205, Civil Lines,
Nagpur – 440 001, MAHARASHTRA
Phone: (0712) 2531312/2561464,
Fax: (0712) 2520554, Email: email@example.com
Applicants should also provide their telephone/cell phone contact nos.
Candidates, who have applied earlier, need not apply again.
Short listed candidates will be called for an interview. Selected applicant will be expected to join soon after the selection is made in June 2018.