The XVI General Assembly of Christian Conference of Asia (CCA) was held in Jakarta, Indonesia from May 20 – 27, 2015. The theme of the assembly was “Living Together in the Household of God”.
Bishop Dr. Taranath S. Sagar, President of National Council of Churches in India (NCCI) was nominated to the Executive Committee of CCA.
Bishop Dr. Sagar is a prominent and dynamic leader with accomplishments and acclaim not only locally and all over India, but around the world. A Bishop of the Methodist Church in India (MCI), he is also member of the Central Committee of World Council of Churches (WCC) elected in its 10th assembly in Busan, South Korea. His gracious leadership in the Churches and to the ecumenical movements, both in India and abroad, credit the anticipation of exceptional accomplishment by CCA in the years to come.
Bishop Dr. Sagar contributed immensely to the proceedings of CCA’s assembly through his insights and profound wisdom. He was member of the constitutional amendment committee, and moderated the constitutional amendment session during CCAExtraordinary General Assembly for constitutional amendments held on May 21, 2015 prior to the General assembly. He was also the main speaker for one of theSarasehan – Ecumenical Dialogue on Emerging Asian Issues on May 23, 2015. Bishop Dr. Sagar shared and facilitated the ecumenical dialogue on Diakonia and Prophetic witness: Toward Coherent Asian Ecumenical Response.
We Congratulate Bishop Dr. Taranath S. Sagar in his ecumenical pilgrimage as the executive committee member of CCA. Wishing him God’s richest blessings. We are proud of his contributions and accomplishments in his new roles of leadership in CCA and other bodies in the ecumenical fraternity.
Officers of CCA (2015-2020)We also congratulate the Office Bearers, Executive Committee members and General Secretary of CCA:
- Moderator: Archbishop William T P Simarmata (HKBP , Indonesia)
- Vice- Moderator: Rev. Diana Tana (Te Runanga Whakawhanaunga I Nga Hahi, New Zealand)
- Treasurer: Mr. Augustine Dipak Karmakar (Church of Bangladesh)
- General Secretary: Dr. Mathews George Chunakara (Marthoma Syrian Church, India)
Executive Committee of CCA
- Rev. Terence Corkin (Uniting Church in Australia)
- Rev. Moises Antonio Da Silva (IPTL Timor L’este)
- Rev. Arshad Gill (Presbyterian Church of Pakistan)
- Ms. Huang Shi-Yi (Presbyterian Church Taiwan)
- Rev. Kim Jong Goo (Methodist Church, Korea)
- Ms. Ithrana Lawrence (Council of Churches, Malaysia)
- Bishop Ruel Norman Marigza (United Church, Philippines)
- Bishop Dr. Taranath S. Sagar (National Council of Churches, India)
- Mr. Za Uk Sang (Baptist Church, Myanmar)
- Archbishop Sebouh Sarkissian (Armenian Orthodox Church, Iran)
- Rev. Shoko Aminaka (Natonal Council of Churches, Japan)
- Mr. Sunil Kumar Shrestha (National Council of Churches, Nepal)
- Rev. Dr. D S Solomon (Jaffna Diocese of the CSI, Sri Lanka)
- Rev. Kingphet Thammavong (Loa Evangelical Church, Laos)
- Ms. Tong Wing Sze (Hong Kong Christian Council)
- Ms. Supaporn Yarnasam (Church of Christ Thailand)
- Rev. Kim Kyrie (Chairperson Program Committee, Anglican Church, Korea)
Ms. Moumita Biswas
All India Council of Christian Women (AICCW) – Women’s Wing of NCCI.